Summer is just around the corner. The sun’s out and schools will soon follow! Summer break means teens are left without anything to occupy their days. So how can you keep your teens busy while making sure they aren’t glued to their digital screens all day long? Well, here’s a list of fun summer activities for teens to help you out.
Spend Quality Time With Family
There’s no better way to make summer more memorable than spending quality time with family. If you and your partner both work, Have your teen visit their extended family, like grandparents or cousins. They could help Grandma around the house or spend some quality time with other family members their own age.
Enjoy the Outdoors
Summer and the outdoors go together like peanut butter and jelly. There are a ton of outdoor activities that can keep a teen occupied while enjoying the summer weather. Activities like:
- Take up hiking.
- Spend time reading at a local park.
- Walk or bike through around town.
- Organize a series of sports games with friends and family.
- Become a tourist in your own city, visiting historical sites and other local hot spots.
- Plan a scavenger hunt that will have your teen visiting different spots in your neighborhood.
Whether you’re involving your kid in a volunteer program or in activities that can help them create meaningful memories, investing in experiences is one of the best ways to make a summer vacation enjoyable for your teen. Here are some things your kid can do, that will also make a lasting impression on others:
- Do some baking for a neighbor who doesn’t get many visitors.
- Offer a night of free babysitting to someone who could use the break.
- Challenge your child to do random acts of kindness every day for a month.
- Volunteer. Helping out at a nursing home could bring some light into the residents’ lives.
- Hold a garage or bake sale to raise money for a local cause.
Learn a New Hobby or Sport
Whether it’s learning to play an instrument like the guitar, taking up a new hobby like photography, or trying to master a new sport, summer vacations are perfect opportunities to learn something new and exciting. Encourage your kid to explore the possibilities by learning something new. FlannelJax’s can even help with our Teen Toss Days every Sundays (and by appointment the rest of the week). Spend some quality time with your teens while giving them the chance to try their hand at Axe Throwing. It’s an experience they’ll be wanting to have over and over again until the first day of school.