Minnesota’s Newest Axe-Throwing and Recreational Sports Experience
(July 2018) St. Paul, Minn. – FlannelJax’s is St. Paul’s all-new axe-throwing and recreational sports experience, and come rain or shine, is celebrating its Grand Opening this Saturday, July 21, starting at 12 p.m. Andrew Wappel from the 93X Half Ass Morning Show will be broadcasting live from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The festivities include a chance to see if you have what it takes to Beat the Lumberjack and win great prizes. There will be free axe-throwing lessons available to everyone who visits the celebration, as well as additional giveaways and prizes, including a chance to win free axe throwing for a year.
A portion of proceeds from the Grand Opening Celebration will be donated to Folds of Honor Minnesota, a non-profit organization that helps to provide educational support to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service members.
FlannelJax’s is located at 755 Prior Ave N, Suite 102, St. Paul, MN 55104 in the American Can Building. Enjoy a few drinks, some friendly competition and support a great cause at the Grand Opening Celebration this Saturday, July 21, starting at 12 p.m. For more details about FlannelJax’s and the Grand Opening Celebration, visit them on Facebook @FlannelJaxsStPaul.
“We are so very excited about our Grand Opening and can’t wait to share the FlannelJax’s experience with everyone,” says Keith Beveridge, President of FlannelJax’s. “Axe throwing is the perfect way to shake up your usual routine. There’s nothing quite like a night out with friends throwing axes, enjoying a few drinks and engaging in some friendly competition. It’s such a unique pastime, and we are very excited to share the axe-throwing and extreme sports experience with our community.”
- Grand Opening Celebration starts at 12 p.m. on Saturday, July 21
- Free axe-throwing lessons available for everyone who attends
- Andrew Wappel of the 93X Half Ass Morning Show is broadcasting live from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Beat the Lumberjack for a chance to win great prizes
- Chance to win Free Axe Throwing for a year!
- Portion of proceeds to benefit Folds of Honor Minnesota
In addition to being St. Paul’s newest hot spot for entertainment, FlannelJax’s hosts social events, extreme team building exercises and axe-throwing leagues. Patrons can celebrate a birthday, bond with co-workers or compete in a weekly round of competition, similar to a dart or bowling league but with axes. All participants must be 18 years or older to throw. Learn more about FlannelJax’s online at FlannelJaxs.com, and on Facebook @FlannelJaxsStPaul.
Quick Axe Facts
- More than 18 Million axes are thrown worldwide (National Axe-Throwing Federation)
- Axe-throwing leagues exist in more than 10 countries worldwide (World Axe-Throwing League)
- Rapidly increasing popularity in the United Sates, as exemplified in one of the more memorable Tonight Show segments featuring Jennifer Lawrence and Jimmy Fallon.